Live Haul Transport Manager
Key Role Objective
To manage an efficient, legally compliant and cost effective Live Haul Operation including catching, both internally staffed and externally contracted
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
· Liaise effectively with Live Bird Planning Gunness / Factory Planning / Senior Management / Accounts as required
· Regularly communicate with, provide support and advice to both their Transport Planner and Transport Supervisor to ensure Schedule compliance and effective execution of the daily optimised plan
· Review and challenge catching and transport schedules and KPI's to drive and improve operational efficiency
· Challenge current / common practice with a view to improving efficiency, bird welfare prior to slaughter and cost reduction
· Manage 3rd party C&C agreements
· Continuously review operations to improve procedures and best practice and to deliver cost reduction
· Closely monitor all areas of Fleet and Driver compliance and ensure all procedures and undertakings are being strictly adhered to and are legal compliant
· Ensure all EU and UK legislation, ACP Regulations and Customer Codes of Practice requirements are met at all times
· Inspect and discuss levels of trailer, module and basket hygiene with Transport Supervisors and factory management. Ensure an effective QC system is in place
· Work closely with finance to budget and ensure full cost control in all aspects of the Live Haul operation
· Liaise with HR regarding staff issues and training requirements
· Regularly hold drivers (and catchers where necessary) briefings and provide relevant updates
· Manage all staff and address any staff issues, grievances and disciplinary issues
· Monitor all changes in legislation relating to animal welfare, haulage, driver's working hours and implement after discussion with Senior Management
· Undertake audits of internal and external catching and collection operations and address shortcomings
· Review Tachograph analysis on a weekly basis and address issues immediately with the necessary personnel
· Ensure stock levels of consumables and fuel are correctly managed. Challenge usage rates and unit costs
· Ensure Live Haul vehicles, fuel storage and dispensing facilities, the weighbridge, chemical storage, cab washing area, designated module and crate storage area, and other areas / buildings under H2S responsibility on site are appropriately managed, ensuring Customer, H&S, Environmental and other Legal compliance is adhered to at all times
· Ensure timely delivery of all project and trial work.
· Observe and maintain all site security and visitor procedures.
· Ensure all staff cooperate with any Regulatory investigations
· Other duties as and when required as instructed by Line Manager
· Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Strong effective communication both written and verbal.
· An ability to work under pressure.
· Excellent administrative and IT skills.
· An eye for detail and a high standard of performance.
· Good numerical, analytical and logical thinker.
· Able to motivate and lead a team.
· Clearly demonstrate a "can do attitude" with a high awareness of costs.
· Posses a high degree of self-discipline.
· Knowledge of transport legislation and the WTD.
· Good geographical knowledge of the Region.
· The ability to maintain focus whilst working in a challenging environment.
Technique recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering & manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.