We are excited to be recruiting a Specialist Logistics Manager for our Swindon based client. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the expansion of new business opportunities within the EU and globally. You will have a technical logistical and warehouse background, experience in multi-country transactions imports and exports freight is also essential.
* Develop the function Quality, Cost, Delivery, Management, Safety and Environment with clear and continuous improvement plans in place.
* Tendering new business contracts to eliminate excessive cost
* Seeking and developing new business opportunities, especially within the EU, including logistical supply
* Act as a representative to develop the relationship with key logistic & warehousing partners, with a goal to expand and promote the business
* Develop ideas and future strategies through involvement with company business planning
* Authorise business transactions, customer quotations, purchase orders and invoices within company deadlines ensuring compliance to relevant company & legal requirements
* Ensure compliance with Corporate Governance and applicable legislation
* Logistics qualification to degree level or equivalent, or demonstrable experience within a logistical environment
* Understanding of Logistics and warehousing including JIT operations, Road and Sea freight,
* Preparation and implementation of business plan including long term planning
* Budget preparation, monitoring and review
* Supply chain flow and its impact upon manufacturing operations including Logistics/import/export processes
* Strong commercial awareness
* Customer relations and providing effective customer service
* Contract management and Service level agreement negotiations
* Project management and understanding of logistical and warehouse processes
* People management and leadership
* Ability to work within the UK without restriction
* Full UK driving license for manual transmission
* Ability to travel within Europe and globally without restriction
* Salary: £30 - £40k depending on experience.
* Permanent position
* 37 hours per week
* Free parking
* Contribution Pension including life insurance cover
* 25 days annual holiday (plus statutory bank holidays)
* Private Medical Insurance for family
By applying for this role you give permission for Purely Recruitment to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Purely recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.