Full-time Perm Position
Immediate start available
Working Hours: Monday to Friday
Here at Woodlands our success is built around the quality and diversity of our products allowing us to be at the forefront of the Timber, Garden Buildings and Building Trade industries. We strive daily to improve on the professional service we are able to offer all our customers. To do this we need the best People who are supported at every step of their journey with Woodlands.
Woodlands have an exciting opportunity at our busy Rodley site. We are looking for a Logistics Manager to lead our new Logistics Team.
Key elements of the Logistics Manager role include:
* National Route Planning for multi-drop vehicles (3.5t and HGV)
* Goods Receipt and Dispatch Management
* Monitor OTIF Performance, understanding reasons for any challenges and resolve problems as required
* Communicating with Drivers, Customers and internal teams
* Taking ownership of internal & external queries and always aiming for first time resolution
* Supporting and developing the Logistics Team
* Building a strong internal network to support knowledge and development
* Liaising with fleet maintenance operations to co-ordinate vehicle downtime
* Achieving targets while maintaining a focus on accuracy and quality of work
* Working collaboratively with the Customer Advisor Team.
Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate:
* Strong understanding of the Logistics function, with direct experience of Logistics Management in a manufacturing/retail environment.
* Customer focus with a positive attitude to challenges
* Strong verbal and written skills with a high attention to detail
* Knowledge and understanding of Driving Regulations
* Strong geographical and transport network knowledge
* Able to manage and prioritise changing workloads
* A must is experience and knowledge of I.T Software such as Microsoft Office
* Flexibility to work required hours to ensure we have cover
On offer is –
* Competitive Salary
* 20 Days’ Holiday + Holiday Purchase Scheme (up to 5 additional days)
* Staff Discount Scheme across all Brands
* Pension Scheme
* Social Events (e.g. Christmas Party)
* Enhanced paternity, maternity and bereavement entitlements
* Free off-site parking
* On-site canteen and facilities, with a Food/Drink van visiting site each day
A full induction takes place over your first 6 weeks.
Please apply with an up to date CV and contact details. Successful candidates will be required to provide Right to Work in the UK, and references on request
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.