Industry: Specialist Process Automated Machinery
Key Skills: Third Party, Outsourced, Engineering, Stock Management, Material Flow, Inventory Management
Based out the outskirts of Cambridge, one of our amazing Technology manufacturing clients are seeking a Logistics Manager, to join their world-class engineering team. This business is known for its “people first” culture, which is demonstrated by the generous benefits package and business perks. They offer world-class development opportunity, exposure to one of industry fours most cutting-edge technologies & an excellent clean room working environment.
The focus of this role is to control the logistics management for large, bespoke electro-mechanical systems.
As the company goes through fast-paced growth, they need a Logistics Manager that can assess their current logistics, situation & look at different options and make decisions, around choice & use of Third Party/Outsourced logistics, aligning best with manufacturing, customer orders & business plans.
This is a Senior Management role, that will require experience identifying and engaging TPL/outsourced logistics businesses.
* Overall management of goods movement & storage at both internal & external locations
* Supervising goods-in, stores, kitting, parts issusing, ensuring the logistic plans are sufficient for manufacturing schedule
* Engage and integrate Third Party Logistics (TPL) companies, ensuring that chosen TPL offers flexibility to grow and take additional volume
* Ensure smooth flow of engineered parts, working closely with Production, Purchasing & Engineering Teams
* Co-ordination of product shipping, ensuring packaging materials are suitable and/or a suitable packaging & shipping company is chosen
* Stock audits, management of overstock/high stock levels etc
* Leadership/Management of logistics team of 4 – 6 employees, as well as owning planning, recruitment, appraisals, training, absence management etc
Ideal Candidate Profile
We all know that businesses will not get everything they are asking (rarely anyway) however if you have experience or tick several of the below points, chances are they would be interested in meeting you.
The most important experience is selecting, engaging & managing Third Party / Outsourced logistics businesses.
* A Degree in a Logistics or business management, or extensive experience
* Experience identifying, engaging, and managing Third Party Logistics businesses
* Leadership experience, able to lead, manage, motive and develop small teams, aligning personal and professional goals with business targets
* Extensive experience overseeing logistics management of large, high-value products (Ideally engineered but not essential)
* SAP R/3 experience (inventory management, warehouse management, production planning, sales & distribution)
* 30 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday (3 to be used over seasonal period)
* 12% Employer Pension Contribution | 4% Employee
* Life Assurance
* Income Protection
* Various other perks such as lunches and team events and incentives
* Excellent working hours, including early finish on Fridays
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.