Salary commensurate with experience
An award-winning family-run business operating two garden centres both with a coffee shop/restaurant, a plant production nursery and a warehouse/industrial unit is looking for a Logistics Manager to operate between the multiple sites.
The business is very seasonal with huge variations in stock between the seasons with multiple daily deliveries year round. They sell a huge range of products, and need to work with buyers and retail teams to understand what is needed on the shop floor, where and when. Our live plants will need to be moved between two sites, maintaining quality via timely deliveries.
* Manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs between the sites
* Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
* Line manage warehouse team and delivery drivers
* Relationship building – to effectively liaise with shop floor team, customers, Buying team and suppliers
* Continually improve and develop processes and efficiencies within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
* Implement health and safety procedures, ensuring a safe place to work
* Plan and manage projects
* Plan vehicle routes, and look after vehicles and customer service of delivery fleet
* Monthly reporting to the senior team
* Assist the team in key tasks, and cover their absences – moving stock etc.
The ideal candidate
* A logical and systematic approach to work
* Your personal values align with our company values - https://(url removed)/wp-content/uploads/Perrywood-VisionandValues.pdf
* Able to manage your own time, and those around you, to prioritise and compete tasks
* The ability to solve problems and make decisions, and offer creative solutions
* Commercial awareness and numeracy skills
* Some degree of IT knowledge and can handle electronic data
* The ability to manage change
* Strong team player and manager
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Brings positivity into the workplace, and acts as a great role model for others
* Negotiation and analytical skills
* A desire to keep improving
* Full-time, generally working Monday to Friday. Some flexibility to provide some weekend cover is required
* Clean driving licence
* Fork Lift Truck licence preferred
* Qualification in logistics/supply chain/business admin or related industry is preferred
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.