£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Our client specialises in warehousing & distribution of medical & pharmaceutical products. They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Logistics Manager to join their dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career with a fast-moving global organisation.
The Role & Responsibilitties
* Manage the warehouse and production teams to ensure that the operation runs efficiently with acceptable quality results
* Generate and implement plans to improve throughput, capacity and productivity, whilst reducing errors and damages
* Ensure that the warehouse operation is compliant to the relevant quality standards set by LRQA, the MHRA and any other regulatory body
* Lead and deliver logistics projects that reduce cost and/or improve operational efficiency
* Manage distribution partners to ensure they achieve key SLA KPI’s
* Monitor spend levels and reduce costs to deliver budgeted figures
* Negotiate supplier pricing and quotations to obtain the most cost-effective solution
* Analysis of data through interpretation, extrapolation & investigation to continuously improve customer service
* Work with existing and prospective customers to develop ’best practice’ in logistics, inventory control and other internal processes
* Liaise with the Sales team to deal efficiently with any customer issues / requests, and generate a rectification / action plan to maintain excellent service levels
* Responsible for producing and achieving KPI’s relating to the quality of the orders picked and despatched
* Provide guidance and direction to all team members to support their objectives
* Maintain effective employee relations to support the Performance Health values
* Undertake the development and training of all direct reports to maintain an effective, flexible and transferable skill base.
* Undertake as necessary, investigations and/or disciplinary procedures to effectively manage the staff within the logistics operation.
* Communicate good housekeeping and operational standards throughout the logistic operation
* Provide guidance, direction and support to all warehouse team members to ensure they have clear objectives
* Liaise with other departments and managers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business
* Uphold the Performance Health Values and cascade to the operational teams.
* Interrogate the Warehouse Management System to extract data to support decision making
* Assist in development of WMS and other IT related projects to ensure smooth implementation
* Develop the Warehouse Management System in line with operational demands so as to maximise efficiency
* Extensive warehouse / logistics management experience in fast-moving distribution environments
* Strong and proven negotiation skills to maintain solid relationship with key suppliers
* Strategic thinker that can plan ahead and think ‘outside of the box’
* Excellent IT skills with experience using Microsoft and ERP NetSuite or similar
* Able to analyse data and review trends
* Experience of leading and developing teams
* Strong decision making skills that are required for a business to grow and develop in a tough market place
* Ability / experience of challenging existing practise
Does the above sound like the opportunity you’ve been searching for? With the benefits you can expect from a large organisation, including excellent working conditions and a fantastic supportive team, there is no better time to make the move you’ve been thinking about.
To find out more please apply below.
This vacancy is being advertised by Fresh Start Recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.