Acorn Recruitment is looking for an experienced Logistics Operations Shift Manager to work for an international ophthalmic optics company that designs, manufactures and markets lenses to correct or protect eyesight.
- To manage the daily activities of the logistic operations department and ensure the performance meets the business requirements. Establish clear expectations and demonstrate high standards of work practices and safety conscious behaviour. Manage, contribute and actively support the continuous development and improvement of all department work practices, processes and services.
* Ensure all department functions, tasks and processes are carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
* Work closely with the Logistics Operations Manager to ensure the external service providers supply the best service they can. Investigate, take appropriate action and inform the Logistics Operation Manager of any actual or potential developments and problems.
* To work closely with other departments to ensure all internal departmental targets are monitored and any actual or potential under-performance of these targets are investigated immediately. Thereafter take appropriate action or if the issue cannot be solved, communicate the problem to the appropriate person in a concise and timely manner.
* To ensure the team resources are utilised efficiently to achieve work flow targets. Amending the allocation of these resources promptly in reaction to any actual or potential issue.
* To manage, in line with HR policies, the working patterns of the team on the T&A system, and any attendance issues. To investigate, take appropriate action and inform the Logistics Operations Manager of any staffing issues.
* To support, communicate and implement change as directed, and establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service.
* To manage, develop and motivate the performance of both individuals and the team, in line with Company policies and procedures, and carry out annual appraisals.
* To identify, implement and maintain the learning and development of your team in line with the department and company requirements. Maintain your teams training needs through skills matrix's, to satisfy both current and future needs.
* Communicate to your line manager shift status and performance, and actual or potential developments and problems.
* Be a contributor to the development and implementation of departmental projects and initiatives to ensure the continuous improvement of work practices, processes and services.
* To ensure the application of ISO 9002, ISO 14001 Environmental, Health and Safety procedures are followed, and to carry out appropriate remedial action immediately where there is failure in these procedures.
* Manage the planning and execute safety reviews, risk assessments and accident investigations where and when required, ensuring any actions are allocated to the appropriate individuals and completed. Communicating to the effective individuals any changes or action that will affect their working practices.
* At least 3 years working experience within a logistics operations environment.
* At least 2 years experience managing a team.
* Good communication, interpersonal skills.
* Computer literate with good experience in using Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* An understanding of manufacturing process and flow, Environmental, Health and Safety procedures.
* Ability to work shifts: Weekly alternating Shift (Mon-Thurs 6am to 2pm or 2pm to 10pm with Friday 6am to 1pm, or 1pm to 8pm) plus one Saturday in four with a day off the following week.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.