An excellent opportunity for a degree qualified Logistics Manager to join an internationally recognised brand.
In addition to developing and managing the logistics service providers the Logistics Manager plays a vital role within the Corporate Purchasing Department. You will be responsible for leading a strong internal team and ensure constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
* Leads, manages, develops and trains their Logistics Assistants and Logistics Administrators.
* Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with logistics service providers.
* Identifies, investigates and proposes cost saving opportunities within the supply chain and develops operational plans for implementation, while ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
* Obtains and verifies transport rates from Logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes.
* Reviews proposed logistics routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness.
* Conducts Logistics service provider audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery window adherence.
* Checks domestic and international freight invoices against contract rates in preparation for authorisation.
* Carries out visits to suppliers, Logistics service providers and freight forwarders where necessary.
* Works closely with other Logistics Managers to ensure consistency, alignment and efficiency where areas overlap and to continuously improve service and costs.
* 2:1 Degree or above
* Supply Chain and Logistics industry qualifications
* Team Management
* Strong Communicator
* Cost Savings
* Budget Management
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.