We are looking for a strong Logistics Manager to join a leading business in Birmingham.
You’ll be responsible for developing, planning, managing, controlling and organising the implementation of the Logistics Strategies and procedures.
Some of the daily duties will include:
* Driving performance through KPI management, coaching and developing
* Resources & Management
* Ensure continuity of the supply of products and service to customers
* Continuous improvement
* Manage and allocate resources to ensure maximum adherence to KPI targets and work flow
* Regular one to one and appraisal reviews
* Managing recruitment, absence and disciplinary procedures
* Develop and implement plans and schedules and organise people and resources
* Inspire, motivate and develop your direct and indirect reports
* Training & Development
* Monitor and support personal and departmental adherence to the 5s’ standards.
* Prepare and implement effective and efficient systems, processes, and procedures for physical stock management
* Manage customer expectations and demands
* Budgetary control
* Responsible for meeting health, safety and environmental requirements
Skills and experience:
* Educated to Degree Level or above in a Logistic, Engineering, or business/commercial related subject or equivalent
* Experience in a senior logistics management role
* ERP/MRP knowledge and ability to investigate and take corrective actions
* Broad base Logistic/ Warehouse operations including inventory control applications.
* Excellent understanding and application of recognised lean manufacturing tools.
* Excellent working knowledge of IT systems, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
* An understanding of Health and Safety and Environment practices
* Financial budgetary management and Business intelligence
* Professional, adaptable and flexible approach to work
* Gravitas, Leadership qualities and the ability to deliver positive change
* Solid negotiator and able to influence a positive outcome
* Proactive Decision maker
* Analytical and able to problem solve to resolution
The salary for this role is £45,000.
Hours – 40 hours per week. It will involve some weekends and requires flexibility
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.