Our client is one of the UK’s bestselling organic childrenswear brands and they are seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to organise the storage and distribution of goods from suppliers through to end consumers. This will incorporate international shipping modes through to negotiating and overseeing final mile deliveries. You will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and in full (OTIF) and at the budgeted cost. You will also be responsible for transportation, stock control band accuracy, warehousing (UK and International) and monitoring the flow of goods from overseas suppliers and into potential new international markets. Developing the businesses Market Place response will be a key requirement.
* The central point of contact for Logistics operations for all of the companies operations in the UK and abroad.
* Optimise distribution centre efficiency for operational capacity and service at both in house and 3PL level.
* Coordinate and track the worldwide movement of goods through the logistics chain including sea, air and land ensuring OTIF within budget.
* Own and organise the logistics chain, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for ancillary services when required.
* Execute logistics plans and subcontractors to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule.
* Review freight rates and other transportation / warehouse costs to keep working costs within budget.
* Identify best practices within the logistics network that can be implemented in the wider supply chain.
* Look to reduce our carbon footprint as we develop our logistics chain.
* Set and report to budgets for the Logistics functions and KPIs for the supply chain.
* Lead and manage a team.
Planning and Negotiating
* Implementing and operating IT systems to manage timings, costs and stock levels: including WMS.
* Establish and implement procedures, documentation and policies to ensure logistics issues are handled swiftly and cost effectively.
* Analysing data to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements.
* Lead commercial reviews and negotiations with 3PL suppliers.
* Scoping new solutions and potential partners and negotiating these partnerships to deliver platforms for growth.
* You will have a proven track record of delivering successful Logistical operations, ideally working in Retail, Wholesale & Digital Commerce sectors in the last 5 years.
* You will have led and delivered Logistics operations from a budget value of £10 million + per annum.
* You will have lead teams of up to 80 direct heads and managed multiple 3PL partners including sourcing, negotiating, and exiting partnerships.
* You will have experience of sourcing and opening international consolidation and distribution centres at either 3PL or Market place drop ship models / FBA.
* You will have experience of developing and managing relationships with international logistics suppliers.
* You will have strong logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
* It is essential that you can time manage with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
* You’ll have advanced Data analysis skills, including MS Excel skills and WMS experience.
* You will be data driven, with strong analytical skills.
* You’ll have excellent people skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.