We have an upcoming opportunity for an experienced Logistics Manager in Greenwich.
The client is a privately owned, award winning property development, investment and construction firm with in excess of 60 years’ experience in the acquisition, design, development and construction of property.
Your role will be to manage and coordinate all logistical issues, the Logistics Manager shall be site based and report to the Project Manager/Site Manager. The project is in a residential area so we are looking for a very organised Logistics Manager to book in deliveries, issue crane times and ensure there are no organisational issues.
Roles & Responsibilities
* To manage, plan and coordinate all site deliveries utilizing the online delivery management system
* To update and issue the site delivery tracker/schedule on a daily basis or as frequently as may be required.
* To update delivery white board.
* To liaise with the project buyer to ensure that all deliveries are co-ordinated with the suppliers.
* To manage site waste by ensuring there are an adequate number of skips on site and empty bins on each floor, promoting on site segregation at all times.
* To maintain safe and organised offloading/ loading areas.
* To effectively manage the crane team and traffic marshals to ensure the smooth and safe running of site logistics.
* To deliver a weekly toolbox talk to the entire labour team. Topic to be agreed prior to delivery.
* You must liaise with other subcontractors on site to both coordinate their deliveries and agree where said deliveries are to be landed on site.
* Ensure that the following and any other relevant HSPs have been read and understood- HSP04 Control of Lifting Operations, HSP14 CLOCS Requirements, HSP25 Traffic Management Procedure, HSP28 Rescue Plan, HSP29 Unloading Delivery Lorries, EP02 Waste Management Procedures and EP11 CLOCS Requirements
* Ensure that all members of the logistics team have read and understood all relevant HSPs, actively promote and strictly police these on a daily basis.
* Ensuring the traffic management plan is being correctly implemented.
Key Skills for the role include:
* Excellent Planning abilities
* Strong management skills
* Good Negotiating skills
* Natural and strong communication skills both in written and verbal format
* Team Player
* Must hold SSSTS or SMSTS
* H&S conscious and aware of Construction site H&S rules
* Traffic Marshall related experience / certificate as you will be required to cover these duties also.
* IT literate– You will be required to log deliveries into our online booking system
* Report to the site manager and attend site safety meetings as and when required
* Good ‘Can Do’ attitude and flexible to other tasks if required
Qualifications / Experience:
* Construction Background
* CSCS/CPCS/Traffic Marshall Card
To apply for this job, please email a CV to the email provided ensuring you include a valid contact number
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.