Our client, a specialist foundation contractor is currently seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to be responsible for safe and efficient management of company logistics operations and ensuring compliance with client’s operational requirements.
The successful candidate will build an excellent relationship with the Operational Delivery Team, the Supply Chain Management team and representatives of the client to ensure smooth and efficient operation at site level. The role will involve regular communication with various teams, with visits to core business and project offices. A self-disciplined and organised approach is required.
Responsibilities & Tasks will Include (but not limited):
* Overall responsibility for the logistics team and logistics related functions of the project
* To be accountable for the activity and results of the logistics team and all associated costs
* Ensuring fleet vehicles and those of our supply chain are compliant with legal legislation
* Ensuring fleet vehicles and those of our supply chain are compliant with project requirements such as FORS and Van Excellence
* Management of supply chain haulier fleet across multiple sites including availability and resource level, cost control management, performance management, compliance to regulations and processes and investigation of non-compliance events
* Management of safe loading practices
* Overall responsibility for scheduling of deliveries and management of Vehicle Management Booking Systems
* Work with logistics managers of other project stakeholders in a collaborative and professional manner
* Ensuring that health, safety and environmental practices and requirements are met and exceeded;
* Proven experience within a similar role
* Excellent IT skills (Including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to use your initiative and to work on several work fronts at once
* Ability to organise your time and workload
* Flexible work approach
* Full driving license
* Piling / Geotechnical experience;
* CPC Qualifications
* Knowledge of Road Haulage industry including commercial aspects
* A detailed knowledge of transport legislation
Due to the current pandemic, the location of this position will suit candidates in central England (Watford to Northampton area). This is a flexible role, with a mix of working from home and site-based working required.
Forward you CV now, for further details on this new and exciting 3-year fixed term appointment with the possibility to extend
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.