Experienced Logistics Manager is required by Stiltz Ltd., to join our Head Office Operations team based in Kingswinford, West Midlands. With manufacturing operations in China and a global distribution network this newly created role is seen as pivotal for the continued success of the Groups’ evolving Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain operations.
Are you a customer centric and collaborative Logistics Manager, who has a proven track record of working within a global manufacturing/distribution operation? Do you have experience of working with and influencing internal / external stakeholders in the UK and China, and RoW?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a ‘go to’ expert, who will oversee our global end to end logistics operation. Providing both functional and strategic expertise of international freight UK, Europe, China and RoW. With a growing manufacturing/distribution supply chain, you will be responsible for inbound /outbound logistics, managing inventory, planning and forecasting, ensuring excellent customer service.
Your responsibilities as Logistics Manager will include:
* Responsible for the management and delivery of supply and distribution across the Group (UK, China, US) and varying customer demands internationally.
* Coordinate and manage demand requirement for forecast, providing data for our manufacturing operation in China.
* Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
* Work closely with key stakeholders to forecast stock requirements, provide analysis for legacy, current and new product lines.
* Manage all in-bound logistics, customs clearance and delivery process as well as out-bound logistics and distribution across the UK, Europe and RoW. Building strong collaborative relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
* Identify and make improvements to current logistics/supply chain practices through increasing efficiencies, effectively implementing savings, defining and driving KPI’s and strategies.
* Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers. Ensuring compliance to SLAs and on-time delivery expectations.
* Develop relationships with nominated component suppliers, supplier management and negotiations.
* Take control of packaging and provide appropriate, cost effective, high quality solutions.
* Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the changes.
What you will need to succeed?
* Proven track record of achievement in all aspects of Logistics, systems, planning tools, stock accuracy and global transportation.
* Ability to produce and analyse progress reports, update costs and forecasts. Monitoring customer forecasts and associated demand, product mix, ensuring optimum inventory levels.
* Established experience in the delivery of a first-class cost-effective customer service within a demanding and changing product supply environment is essential. As is the drive to pro-actively increase service levels and forecast accuracy.
* A proven track record of working with international supply chains, gained within a manufacturing/distribution organisation.
* A significant understanding of international freight, experience of liaising with freight forwarders (land/sea/air freight shipments) globally.
* Demonstrable ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organisation.
* Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
* Driven, high performing and extremely proactive.
What we can offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Company Bonus Scheme
* 25 days' holiday (plus 8 statutory days)
* An additional day off on your birthday!
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance
* Cash Health Scheme
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for an accomplished Logistics Manager to join an ambitious and growing business with a fantastic people centric culture. As Logistics Manager you will have an opportunity to make a direct impact, enabling even further accelerated growth across a global business
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.