Motorway is reinventing how cars are bought and sold online. With just a few taps, private car sellers can compare live offers for their car online, select their best deal and sell it within 24 hours. To make this possible, we work with over 1,000 professional car buyers and dealerships nationwide, offering them instant access to private car sellers through an automated technology platform.
With over 1m sale enquiries in the last 12 months, we’re a team of over 110 with offices in Brighton and Central London, and recently raised £10m in funding to fuel further growth.
To further develop our service we’re building a world-class transport and logistics service to make buying and selling a breeze for both car sellers and buyers.
We are excited to be looking for a Vehicle Transport & Logistics Manager who will develop the logistics product, implement systems to enable scale, source and manage our logistics partners, and build the logistics team.
About the role
Our transport service has two key elements - inspection and transport. In order to complete a car sale, the seller’s vehicle is inspected at their home, based on a fixed process set by Motorway. If the car matches the condition and specification expected, the dealer pays for the vehicle remotely, and the car is transported back to the dealership.
To make this possible, we have partnered with some of the country's leading vehicle inspection and logistics companies, who provide our network of dealers with scalable transport solutions for vehicles across the UK. Having completed a successful launch phase (already handling up to 100 inspection and transports daily), we are now looking to scale the service significantly.
The Logistics Manager will manage our portfolio of partners and grow the product and team.
This role will involve:
* Upscaling our logistical systems operations - using technology solutions (either through third party services or built internally when necessary) to automate and improve the transport service for dealers and sellers Sourcing and selecting potential new transport partners, negotiating contracts, and ensuring successful integration and ongoing service levels.
* Ensuring our partners adhere to our exacting standards for both vehicle inspection and transport, and maintain quality throughout the experience.
* Updating and evaluating metrics and performance and implementing enhancements.
* Communicating with stakeholders throughout the business (including Sales operations, customer service, finance, product and strategy to ensure the transport service scales in line with the wider business.
* Working closely with other managers across the business to make sure the customer experience is fluid throughout.
* Spearheading Motorways transport offering, ensuring it grows to become an industry leading and revolutionary service.
You will have:
* Significant experience in logistics operations – either in-house or 3PL, ideally with direct operational accountability.
* An understanding of transportation limitations and regulations
* Relevant education background, ideally to degree level.
* Excellent relationship building skills - you’ll be able to rapidly build rapport and trust with potential partners, and be able to negotiate the right deals.
* A data first approach, with the ability to manipulate technology tools like Excel, google sheets and other systems - you don’t need to be able to code, but you do need to be technically savvy.
* Good knowledge of existing logistic platforms and planning tools.
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* Good attention to detail and highly organisational skills.
* Proven team-building and management skills.
* The ability to use your own initiative and foresight to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
* The ability to motivate a team, especially at times of high pressure and rapid systems evolution.
* Proven ability to upscale a logistics operation.
* Good product knowledge and experience in working with a product team.
What we offer
* A competitive salary
* BUPA private health insurance
* Annual learning budget with Learnerbly
* Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
* Pension Scheme
* Discounted Calm membership
* Cycle to work scheme
* A fun working environment with regular social events
* The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
* Fast career progression and the ability to develop your own skills and experience quickly
* The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.