Our Client was established over 40 years ago, specialising in supplying Raw Materials and Machinery to meet the needs of manufacturing companies. With a global network of suppliers, they provide services for all aspects of international trading, including marketing, logistics, finance and after sales support.
The Logistics Manager has a responsibility to work closely with the Trading Department and Engineering Department to understand their requirements and fulfil the agreed terms of their contract. They are the first point of reference to approve deviations to contract and any changes to the brief. The Logistics Manager will also work closely with the Documentary and Accounts departments to ensure that the required documents are supplied and where appropriate relevant invoices are authorised and passed for payment.
You will need….
A strong logistics knowledge and understanding of forwarding.
· The jobholder will work with shipping lines, freight forwarders and port agents in order to ensure that business propositions are based on reliable logistics solutions which are using competent suppliers in order to achieve efficient, claim free and price competitive logistics.
· The jobholder will acquaint themselves with the technical aspects of the products and services
To manage the proper and efficient expediting of all contracts, taking custody once negotiations are confirmed and contract forms are issued. To negotiate and agree all forwarding related costs.
· At least 10 years operational experience in a logistics, operations - experience of sea and air freight. Familiar with shipping OOG (Out of Gauge), Flat Rack, Heavy Lifts and Break Bulk Cargo as well as Containerised cargo.
· Previous experience as a team lead or manager.
· Knowledge of Indian sub-continent and experience in booking freight out of India.
· Familiarity with Red Sea ports and Mena regional ports.
· Operational experience and connections with major shipping lines on the Far East, Asia, Middle East, and NW Europe routes.
· Proven track record of making successful logistical decisions.
· Familiarity with data entry and analysis.
· Experience of working in International supply chains (preferred).
· Claims management experience.
· SAP experience is preferable.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within Logistics
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.