Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
Role: Logistics Manager
Location: Outskirts of Horsham- own transport required
My client, a leading provider of aircraft parts and services to the commercial aviation sector, has a requirement for an experienced Logistics Manager.
The key objectives of the role are to ensure that all shipments are handled in accordance with company produces and meet all operational requirements. Providing a high quality of service to all customers and departments in all aspects of the Logistics function.
- Process shipments to and from global customers and suppliers
- Recognise and react to the urgency of customer orders including AOG, IOR, and routine shipments ensuring all turnaround times are met.
- Negotiate the most cost-effective shipment method. (If required)
- Ensure accurate paperwork completion as per customers and country specific requirements.
- Obtain relevant shipments details to complete paperwork requirements including AWB & Export declaration.
- Adhere to all import and export procedures and controls
- Recognise and organise hazardous and heavyweight shipments in accordance with shipping constraints
- Aim to resolve difficult queries / shipments and the commitment to see through to completion.
- Inspect/receive urgent aircraft parts in accordance with regulatory requirements for urgent shipment to customers.
- Efficient and effective packaging techniques.
- Liaise with internal departments as the nature of the specific task may require
- Build the logistics department within the company and develop staff members and improve processes
- Background in Administration essential
- 3 – 5 years previous working experience in a Logistics/shipping environment
- Knowledge of Export and Import procedures and controls
- Ability to process and handle shipment of Hazardous material
- Counter balance / Reach Forklift knowledge beneficial but not essential for use within stores
- Problem solving ability
- Numerate, accurate with the ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinking and reporting skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbal and written
- Strong organisation, time management and administration skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work shift hours if required
- Use initiative and common sense
- Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of Quantum would be advantageous.
- Performance driven with the desire to succeed
Working hours are based on a 37 hour working week between the hours of 08:30 to 17:30, Monday to Friday.
Salary to be discussed but dependant on the level of your experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Rose Blanch at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.