Logistics Manager – Frankfurt
AA Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a leading General Contractor, to recruit a Logistics Manager to join their team for a large scale Data Centre project in Frankfurt
* Define and coordinate all available storage areas on site.
* Allocate Storage Space according to the project priorities.
* Booking and Coordination of delivery of materials.
* Liaise with the Sub Contractors and Security Personnel to ensure effective deliveries.
* Coordinate with Sub Contractors to ensure awareness of holding area locations and develop an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times to site.
* Maintain awareness of spare capacity of the plant on site and coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant.
* Assist the Project Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting.
* As the Site Logistics Manager, you will liaise closely with Security personnel to ensure effective deliveries. The Site Logistics Manager will be a key link between the Security Operatives at the site perimeter and the traffic and material movements within the site boundaries.
* You will be tasked with devising an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times while working closely with the Subcontractor
* The Site Logistics Manager will be aware of the spare capacity of the plant on site and will coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant while liaising with the Appointed Person/Crane Coordinator, the Logistics Manager and the Contractor.
* You will assist the Logistics Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting. Delivery, vertical transportation and storage actions taken from this meeting will be the responsibility of the Site Logistics Manager.
* 3rd level qualification in an engineering or construction related field is desirable however strong trades background coupled with 3+ years’ experience in a similar role will be considered.
* Ideally you will possess 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, or some site experience
* The Site Logistics Manager is to be first aid trained
* Strong, proven leadership skills and experience of managing substantial, interdisciplinary teams
* Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities, construction technologies and jobsite management
* Experience with managing and influencing large teams, including craft in the field
* In depth practical knowledge and experience with scope definition, resource loaded schedules, progress and performance curves, earned value and metrics.
* Proven track record of delivering substantial construction programmes
* Technical familiarity throughout the delivery project lifecycle.
For more information on this role, please contact Sarah Lonergan on (phone number removed) or to apply, click 'Apply Now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.