An internationally-recognised manufacturing client, based in the Halifax area of West Yorkshire, are seeking a Materials, Planning & Logistics Manager (MP&L Manager) to join them on a permanent basis.
The role will manage all aspects of inbound, production and outbound logistics activity to the highest health & safety, operational, quality and inventory management standards. To work with other departments to implement and facilitate improvements to optimise the Supply Chain efficiency and maximise productivity.
* Responsible for the Materials, Planning and Logistics function, providing an integrative approach in managing the total flow of all materials through the distribution channels from suppliers to the customer
* Ensure that the customer is kept supplied and that finished goods and raw material stock levels are kept to agreed standards
* Control of material handling and warehouse systems throughout the division to ensure safe and secure handling and storage of materials and products
* Develop systems, procedures and processes to ensure continual improvement in inventory control and reductions in stock levels
* Lead and develop the MP&L team to ensure that the departmental targets and objectives are met / exceeded
* Provide a logistics planning service to production, our suppliers and customers for all new product introductions
* MP&L managerial experience within the automotive, aerospace, high volume manufacture industry
* Excellent organisation skills
* Knowledge of MRP/ERP/SCM/JIT/Kanban philosophies, practices and techniques
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience of working with SAP
What's on Offer?
£40,000 - 45,000
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please contact Elevation Recruitment Group. Carl Walker
-(phone number removed)
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.