This business is a worldwide leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing of components and systems for the automotive sector. Located at their site in North Birmingham, this role requires essentially a logistics and planning professional who has the previous experience and capabilities within manufacturing to implement new processes, build strong relationships internally with various departments, streamline processes and support the continued improvement in delivery to customers. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, self-motivated individual who does not always rely on the systems to provide the answers but with the help and support of colleagues, provides a best in class service to customers.
What You Will Do:
* Operational running of the small team consisting of material expeditors, production planning and control, logistics, warehousing and stock management.
* Achieves continued part and material supply, supporting manufacturing operations and customer requirements.
* Lead the control of a Master Production Plan, ensuring visibility.
* Meet or exceed business targets with respect to stock turns, inventory stock holding values, on-time material management to ensure efficient production and customer supply.
* Lead improvement of current working practices towards industry best practice.
* Develop, maintain and lead effective stock control and audit processes to optimise time and cost-efficient supply for the business.
* Work closely with central procurement ensure the smooth supply of product
* Ensure the OTIF delivery of finished products
* Create a competitive advantage for the business through the supply chain function
* Ensure all 5S protocols are maintained throughout the functional area.
What You Will Have:
* Previous Production Planning or Material Planning and Logistic background
* Worked within a manufacturing environment
* Worked within the automotive sector – ideally Tier 1
* Ability to manage all aspects of complex supply chains, including planning
* Hands on mindset as only a small team in place
* Experience with SAP
* Proactive approach, with the ability to constructively challenge and offer solutions to the status quo.
* Ability to implement change
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.