Lloyd Recruitment Services are delighted to be working with an established Company in the Horley area. We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to take control of logistics and transportation of goods using various methods such as shipping lines, airlines and road and rail freight operatives.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Investigate and plan the most appropriate route for a shipment
* Create a safe working environment for employees by putting in place safety measures to prevent accident and complications that may arise during work
* Give clear directions and guidelines to shipping agents about nature of goods and delivery locations, and maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit
* Prepare invoice for orders and deliveries as part of record keeping measures and evidence of transaction
* Arrange insurance and assist the client in the event of a claim
* Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes
* Leading staff and overseeing activities within a department or specialising in a particular area, such as sea freight or air freight.
This is an office based position that requires the following skills:
* Transport/distribution/logistics experience
* Accounting/finance experience
* 5 years + in a similar or equivalent role
* Supply chain management
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent
NB: Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications Lloyd Recruitment Services receive, we are only able to contact short-listed candidates
Key words: Logistics, Operations, Transportation, Shipping, Transport, Distribution, Export, Import, Horley, Gatwick, Redhill, Reigate, Merstham, Crawley, Coulsdon, Purley, Horsham
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.