I have a new position go live in the High Wycombe area close to the Cressex Industrial estate where our customer is looking to expand their business and so are recruiting for a Packing and Logistic/Transport manager. This role does involve a lot project planning with delivering to tight deadlines (Please see job spec below, however please do call to discuss as I can explain exactly what they require)
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: £32,500 - £40,000 (Basic) see at bottom of job spec overtime rates.
Main Duties for the Packing and Transport manager:
• Liaise with production teams to receive furniture from manufacturing in time for customer delivery dates
• Responsibility for all packing of furniture, (including clear identification), storing of same and the subsequent loading of vehicles and arranging all deliveries to the customers.
• Manage routing and load planning of transport, ensuring correct sized vehicles for each site are sent.
• Arrange carriers (i.e. TNT, FEDEX) for orders that cannot be done using our vehicles and/or that are needed urgently (i.e. samples)
• Excellent customer contact is vital, including; arranging delivery, site access, site survey, completion of forms required prior to delivery, via telephone or email. Must be able to deal with people at all levels, with all temperaments.
• Ensuring vehicles are maintained, cleaned, serviced etc.
• Implement cost effective distribution routing using our own drivers/installers and sub contract installation teams, ensuring costs are minimised, by using as few installers as is practicable for the order.
• Constantly look to optimise cost reductions across the whole of the logistics process
• Arrange for the necessary installation team to access site, including any site inductions and security clearance as required
• Find and develop new installation partners for work across the UK
• Fill in and send to customers any RAMS, or other customer paperwork as required prior to delivery including site installation forms
• Excellent IT skills required, including organising and completing the logistics calendar on outlook, SAP, word, excel spreadsheets (for monthly reports) training will be given if required.
• Liaise with the other teams in the company including; production, design and sales
• Able to visit sites to assess site conditions prior to delivery if required
• Reporting to the works manager
• Located in the factory in the packing / goods inwards area
• Look after your team , which includes a packer and currently 2 installers
• Ensuring best practise including health and safety, environmental, quality with team
• Motivation and discipline of team, including yearly appraisals
• Receive goods into goods inwards, arranging distribution internally to the correct department/person
• Life assurance scheme
• Pension contributions employers pay as per statutory only
• Holidays 22 plus public holidays
• Salary for 45 hours basic week overtime at 1 1/3, 1½ and double time thereafter
For further information please do contact Andrew Wilson at MTS on (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.