About The Role
The Regional Transport Manager role is a new role that will play a key part of our new regional logistics strategy. You’ll have responsibility for the the effective delivery of regional transport planning across multiple Service Centres and vehicles, making the best use of the new LOGISTIC technology to deliver a world class service for our customers.
As part of the Regional Management Team, reporting direct to your Regional Director, you'll work closely with the Service Centre Managers and Sales Managers and engage with our drivers to support and motivate them whilst they are out servicing our customers. You’ll be proactive with good influencing skills and keen to progress in your career with a particular enthusiasm for transport and operations in the hire industry.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Leadership of the regional transport solution
* Responsible for route Efficiency - lead review process & compliance to / Optimise van/LGV schedules and 3PL usage
* Responsible for delivering the Operational Performance to the agreed KPI targets
* Fleet / Safety / Legislation / Internal Compliance - deliver expected levels of internal and legislative compliance including responsibility for our Operator licence obligations, ensuring we adhere to the highest levels of safety and compliance.
* Effective planning of resources (driver & vehicle) to deliver KPIs and customer service promises
* Responsible for 100% POD and POC compliance to ensure revenue collection
* Working pro-actively to reduce missed time-slots & late deliveries
* Ensuring any transport issues arising from customers & drivers are resolved
* Routing a large fleet of vehicles for single and multi-drop runs based at multiple depots
* Keep in close contact with the drivers & customers offering support and ensuring that runs are progressing correctly
* Briefing & De-Briefing drivers
* Indirect budget responsibility for the vehicle running costs, e.g. fuel and maintenance
About The Candidate
What will you need to succeed?
* Hire industry experience is preferred, but not essential
* People management skills are important, as you will have a small team to lead
* Excellent organisation and planning skills to effectively manage the various moving parts i.e. multiple depots, vehicles and people
* Transport planning experience in a similar or transferable environment such as a Transport office managing multiple locations, drivers and vehicles with responsibility for routing and route optimisation
* Transport compliance and O licence regulations - if you are hold or are working towards a Transport Manager CPC this would be ideal
* IT skills, a good level of technical proficiency is preferred in both transport and workforce management related systems such as Paragon, Job Watch (Big Change) or Rotec and general Microsoft applications such as Excel or Access, Business Objects
* Excellent geographical knowledge of UK road network
* Sound financial/commercial awareness and budget management skills
* Leadership - you will excel in motivating small teams
* Communication - cross functional communication will be a big part of this role, talking to various internal and external stakeholders
* Influence - the ability to influence others and engage their organisation peer group collaboratively
* Ownership - this is a completer / finisher role and ownership of the role activities are key to success
* Drive - the drive to be proactive. This role requires forward planning and being able to react and thinking quickly
* Resilience - able to stay calm when under pressure and continue to make decisions and solve problems on the go
About The Company
As part of FTSE 100 Ashtead Group plc, Sunbelt Rentals is the leader in equipment rentals in the UK, US and Canada - as well as specialist operations in Europe. Together, our teams of experts provide rental equipment and managed solutions into every market and sector, including construction, industrial, energy, infrastructure, government and events.
Our people are at the very heart of our values and they’re our greatest asset. Join us and we’ll give you everything you need to succeed - award winning training, professional development and support and opportunities to progress your Sunbelt Rentals career.
The package includes a competitive salary, company car/allowance and flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance and a great Company pension scheme
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.