ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Basis: Permanent/Full Time
Shift: Monday to Friday– 40 hours per week
About the Position
The Regional Transport Manager will work within the Laboratory at ALS Trowbridge and have responsibility for 2 drivers based in Newton Abbot along with 10 drivers based at the Trowbridge site. Working as part of a team the Regional Transport Manager will manage both the drivers and fleet of vehicles in order to meet both customer and our laboratory requirements.
The position will involve:
* The planning and regular review of all collection routes to ensure the best utilisation of drivers’ time and efficient & timely collection of samples.
* The day-to-day management of sample collection drivers. This to include holiday cover and making overtime arrangements where required.
* Liaison with the HR team on any driver-related issues, i.e. discipline, failures to adhere to required procedures or company policies.
* Assist directly with additional collections in emergency situations.
* Attend group transport meetings to ensure awareness of company-wide issues & initiatives.
* Responsible for ensuring vehicles are always serviced and road worthy.
* Monitor all costs associated with the Transport Budget.
* Lead and develop the transport team whilst promoting a positive environment of continuous improvement.
* Work with key stakeholders to analyse all transport routes and lead from the front.
* Ensure that the Company’s health and safety procedures and obligations are adhered to and that all Safe Systems of Work are adhered to.
* Perpetuation of the ALS Core Values and assisting in developing an efficient, performance-oriented culture.
* Recruitment and induction of new drivers as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* A logical, organised and systematic approach to work.
* Experience of managing staff
* Good time management.
* The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions.
* Commercial awareness and numeracy skills.
* High degree of IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people.
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
* Negotiation and analytical skills.
* A positive attitude to continued learning.
* Good attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity to join an ever growing business, and to be part of a great team at ALS Trowbridge
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.