Reverse Logistics Manager , Slough
The successful Reverse Logistics Manager will be a hands on person with supervisor / team leader experience that has a history of dealing with electronic items both in an out of warranty in a returns environment. Our company is a busy electronics distribution business based in Slough.
The Reverse Logistics Manager will be driven to influence individuals and the wider team and possess the ability to build relationships across the business. You will be adept in prioritising and delegating work for your immediate team and have the flexibility to meet the demands of the business and our customers. You will be bold in solving any issues using your own initiative and constantly looking for improvements in new ways of working. You will be focused, enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude, solutions driven and enjoy a challenge.
Working in a busy, fast paced distribution centre, you will report directly to the DC Manager, you will play a key role in the reverse logistics process and you will be accountable for the supervision of the day to day running of the returns department.
You will take charge of the supervision of the returns area, managing the allocation of daily duties for operatives. Ensuring all vehicles are unloaded and inbound returns are scanned and logged with accurate receipt of all returned items, all returned new stock is repacked correctly and returned to the relevant suppliers.
* Ensuring all returned items are correctly logged in a timely manner
* Allocating tasks to staff ensuring all returned items are located to the right area
* Process documentation for each type of return handling
* Triage and technical diagnostics of returned products (where applicable)
* All items are re-packed and placed back into stock, returned to vendors or sent to repair service centres
* Highlighting any issues found and escalating these to the relevant department
* You will audit the daily processes to ensure compliance and identify process improvements and efficiency gains
* Completion of all KPI tasks, reporting any issues to the DC Management team
* Achieving availability requirements of recycled stock
* All good stock is packaged correctly and returned to stock or suppliers
* Audit the team to ensure the correct manual handling techniques are adhered to in line with H&S training and the manufacturers guidelines
* Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
* Organising holidays and training, also carrying out performance reviews
* Discussing and resolving any team problems, encouraging and motivating good team work
* Any other duties that may be required from time to time
* Promote H&S Culture by ensuring that employees work in a way that reduces risk. A good understanding of H&S legislation is preferable.
Key measurements of the role:
* Support to operations and department
* Efficient performance of the reverse logistics team
* Implementation of new software and operation to support diagnostics and certified data wiping tools
* Professional and collaborative engagement with all other internal departments within the DC and the Head Office (customer service and sales teams)
* Agreed KPI’s relating to returns, repackaging, waste, staffing and budgets
* Customer satisfaction by ensuring that all returns are processed efficiently and professionally
Vanta Staffing Limited is acting as an Employment agency in relation to this vacancy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.