A full member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport OR possess at least a primary degree in a relevant discipline (such as supply chain, logistics, business studies or management.)
have at least three years’ experience at middle to senior management level of logistics/supply chain function in a large complex organisation.
have at least five years (in the last ten) experience at a middle to senior management level of logistics/supply chain function in a large complex organisation.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
Skills / Abilities
* The ability to manage a large, complex, fast moving distribution centre.
* A proven track record of leading successful Logistics programmes or projects which have delivered significant business changes and benefits.
* Experience of managing people and processes to successfully bring about organisational change.
* The ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes.
* Evidence of assessing risk and problem-solving whilst delivering objectives within challenging timescales.
* Excellent communication and presentational skills to meet the needs of the post in full
* An in-depth knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and voice picking technology.
* A detailed knowledge of process mapping and improvement to ensure best practice and deliver operational excellence.
* Knowledge of vehicle/fleet and driver legislation, and an understanding of Transport Management Systems, to comply with statutory requirements.
* Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation to ensure good governance & promote awareness and best practice
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.