Shipping & Logistics Manager
Our well-established client is a leading global integrator of communications and security solutions for infrastructure clients including Rail, Nuclear, O&G and Power Generation.
* To design, implement and maintain a class-leading shipping and logistics strategy for the storage and movement of materials, 3rd party equipment hire and vehicle fleet arrangement, capable of supporting projects both local and internationally.
* Ensure that material requirements for projects are managed, controlled, and dispatched in accordance with contractual requirements, including statutory obligations. Leading a team of direct reports, delivering and improving the way we optimise our shipping and logistics offering, inclusive of the deployment of fleet.
* Plan, manage and evaluate both local and international shipping & logistics operations and liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers and shipping & transportation companies
* Management of the internal warehousing and any external storage requirements
* Implementation of best practice shipping & logistics principles, policies and processed to gain operational and financial efficiencies
* Responsibility for the hire/off-hire of 3rd party equipment as well as the range of fleet vehicles deployed within the business
* Day to day management and development of stores personnel, shipping & logistics personnel and fleet and logistics co-ordinator
* Manage all global trade import and export activity and associated compliance requirements and be recognised as a Subject Matter Expert in this area
Key Skills Required
* Experience within a relevant industry.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in shipping, logistics and warehouse management
* Fleet management experience (50+ vehicles)
* Extensive import/export control experience
* Sound technical and commercial telecoms knowledge
* Good IT skills including ERP experience and inventory management
* Fork lift truck driving licence
* Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
* Ability to look continuously for opportunities for improvement and to develop strategies for change to influence and shape the future direction of the business
* Good relationship builder at all levels.
* Excellent financial awareness and experience of managing budgets.
* Decision maker – weigh the options and take a decision even with limited information.
* Ability to manage change
Experience and Qualifications Required
* Degree in relevant discipline
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.