Strategic Transport Manager
Planning and Strategic Transport Division
Local Authority within Croydon CR0 1EA
6 Month Temporary Assignment
Full Time 36 hours P/W
£28.58 p/h Umbrella
To act as the transport professional leading on, pushing forward, and managing projects forming part of three major Healthy Street Corridors focused on the Croydon Town Centre.
Responsibilities of the role:
1. Act as the lead officer for the Strategic Transport Service in relation to the three key Growth Zone Corridor's programmes,
2. Work as a 'matrix team member' (principally with Regeneration Managers) to develop and deliver the programmes and be the transport and highways expert within those matrix teams.
3. Ensure clear, well-justified prioritisation for delivery of the Transport components of the programme.
4. Be responsible for driving forward the Transport components of the programme ensuring that key delivery partners including TfL, have bought into the delivery.
5. Ensure strong contract management, good governance, robust reporting and effective financial management for Growth Zone Corridor projects and workstreams.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
An appropriate qualification in transport planning along with detailed knowledge and understanding of:
Land use and transport planning in London
Project and programme management.
Transport in an urban environment.
Transport in the context of public service providers (road, rail, tram, bus etc).
Transport in the context of health, sustainability and place making.
Transport operations and demand modelling tools and techniques.
Techniques and approaches to assessing the transport and highway implications of development proposals.
Decision making in a local authority contextExperience of:
Working in a Transport setting, developing and successfully delivering initiatives across organisational boundaries.
Successfully bidding for transport funding
Successfully using programme and project management processes and tools.
Delivering programmes and projects in partnership with other agencies.
Budget and risk management particularly in relation to transport programmes/ projects;
Working within a politically driven organisation managing the requirements of elected or board members.
Negotiating with and influencing others to achieve a positive outcome.
Sourcing, commissioning, procuring and managing third parties to take forward elements of delivery.
Successfully identifying and managing risks in project and programme delivery.
Budget management and reporting
*Please note only successful candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.