Night Transport Manager
£24,000 - £27,000
Monday – Friday
I’ve recently partnered with a fast growing and successful company several large contracts with government agencies and commercial organisations.
Operating from its HQ, I’m seeking an experienced Transport Manager to manage the Hub during the night, including receipt, sortation and despatch of consignments according to a strict chain-of-custody process.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Most of the consignments consist of small packages of biomedical samples, and to lesser degree, radioactive packages and other dangerous goods.
* The packages are collected by the drivers throughout the day and delivered to the Hub in the evenings.
* An eye for attention to detail is needed as the packages and barcodes need to be checked off the van into the warehouse, sorted into runs and checked off again as they are loaded onto vans very early the next morning.
* Except when receiving or despatching drivers, for the majority of the shift the Night Manager is working alone, creating manifests for the outbound runs, dealing with phone calls from drivers, and monitoring the tracking system to check on driver’s progress as they return to the Hub.
* Occasionally take calls from customers booking urgent jobs and telephoning drivers to give them the details.
* During quieter periods after the sortation has been completed there is the requirement to ensure that the warehouse is in good order and tidy, ready to be handed over to the early day shift.
Essential Job Requirements
* Accuracy & attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills
* A Good knowledge of the UK road systems
* Experience of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word & Excel)
* Previous experience in a similar role
The hours of work are 7:00pm to 5:30am Monday to Thursday, and on a Friday finishing at around midnight.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.