Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website or join us on twitter @strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a leading FMCG Distribution company in Tyne & Wear, who require a Transport Manager to join their senior management team. As Transport Manager, you will manage a fast paced multi-drop operation with responsibility for a multi-million pound budget, c60 Drivers, a fleet of c50 Units on a multi-drop basis.
Key Responsibilities as Transport Manager:
* Lead the Transport Department, ensuring operational KPIs are hit / exceeded, driving through continuous improvement
* Ensure that all legal, safety and audit standards are fully met and exceeded to ensure the compliance of the depot, in all transport related areas
* Engage and lead the transport team
* Ensure all load plans/schedules are accurate
* Action all defects at time of receipt and ensure all servicing of vehicles is completed as scheduled
* Comply with all relevant legislation covering the fleet, ensuring all vehicles are maintained in line with legal requirements (WTD / Driver’s Hours)
* Ensure all health and safety obligations are met providing a legal and safe working environment for all employees that consistently exceed quality standards required
* Control costs in line with budgets looking for cost reductions.
Candidate Requirements for the Transport Manager role:
* Experience within a multi-drop operations environment, demonstrating the ability to build, lead manage and motivate a busy team
* Able to lead, motivate, plan, prioritise and organise teams
* A good customer service attitude and approach
* Results orientated, willing to take ownership for setting and achieving high standards and targets
* Previous experience of managing budgets or cost control
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal at all levels
* CPC Holder.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a remarkable FMCG company with a really strong UK presence.
Apply today for consideration.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.