An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic and passionate Transport Manager to join my client’s ambitious and growing business.
This company operate throughout Yorkshire and the north of England; with a well-deserved reputation for fabricating quality engineered products.
They are now looking for someone who is pro-active, enthusiastic and ambitious, who has some experience in transport planning and managing logistics associated with the delivery process.
Previous experience within logistics, dealing with hauliers/transport is required. This is a fast-paced role where no two days are ever the same, so candidates must be confident and able to prioritize a high work-load efficiently and professionally.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be self-motivated, resilient and be a good communicator. The successful candidate will also have a genuine desire to add value and challenge the norm.
You will be committed to your own professional and personal development, fully aligned to the company’s core values, and someone who understands the importance of building strong relationships with colleagues, customers, suppliers and external haulage companies. These relationships are very important to the business in particular dealing with our customers’ site representatives.
• Ensuring the business is effective in fulfilling customer and program requirements from a delivery perspective.
• Building strong relationships and effective communication with customers’ site representatives.
• Scheduling deliveries to construction sites and end users on our own delivery vehicles and external hauliers.
• Implementing systems to develop and improve processes in the Production/Transport Department.
• Liaising with all Departments across the business to ensure that they are as effective as possible in achieving delivery targets, working efficiently to the highest quality standards. On time deliveries in full.
• Briefing and debriefing drivers.
• Planning loads on a national basis.
• Dealing with customer requests.
• Dealing with external hauliers.
• Maximising loads and minimising costs where possible at all times.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of two years’ experience in transport planning, scheduling or management.
• Excellent communication skills with a clear and confident telephone manner. Excellent levels of numeracy, literacy and confidence with E-mail, Word and Excel.
• Self-motivated with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Professional and approachable at all times.
• Trustworthy, Reliable and Honest.
• Enthusiastic and Energetic.
If you are looking for a challenging role in a fast-paced environment then look no further. Please submit your CV and someone will be in contact soon.
Unity Personnel are acting as an Employment Business in respect of these roles
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.