SIG Plc. is a leading supplier of specialist building materials to trade customers across Europe with strong positions in its core markets as a specialist distributor of insulation and interiors products and as a merchant of roofing and exteriors products.
We are currently looking to recruit a Transport Manager to oversee the logistics within our Rainham branch, managing the planning and delivery of orders to our customers through ensuring efficient usage and coordination of all the fleet assets.
What does the role involve?
As Transport Manager, you will overlook the planning and management of all matters related to the Drivers, including vehicle service & MOT planning, WTD, compliance, staff planning, coaching and mentoring of your Drivers. There is a strong emphasis on inter-branch communications ensuring visibility in the daily/weekly delivery requirements so that all delivery schedules are achieved in-line with target KPI’s for the branches within the cluster.
The successful candidate will require:
• Strong leadership and communication skills with strong business acumen and the ability to liaise internally across departments
• Proven experience in Transport Management and knowledge of fleet and warehouse operations, and an understanding of WTD, safety and legal compliance
• Knowledge of vehicle planning & scheduling, and good customer care skills
In return we offer:
• Competitive salary with annual pay award and staff recognition schemes
• 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Company closed during Christmas period
• A great pension, with SIG contributing up to 7.5% and up to 4x life insurance
• Money saving with retail discounts via colleague portal
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Share Incentive Scheme
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.