We're currently recruiting for a Transport Manager to work for a brand new distribution company in Barnsley. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join a fast growing company with excellent career prospects and benefits.
The successful candidate will be CPC trained, hold a Operators Licence and have extensive experience working as a Transport Manager.
Duties will include:
* Sourcing vehicles to 50 different stores
* Ensuring correct quantities of products are delivered to their required location within the given time limit by effectively organising and managing a team of drivers and vehicles
* Scheduling daily and weekly routes
* Tracking orders using functional systems (e.g. barcodes and tracking software);
* Maintaining customer relationships, managing questions and complaints calmly and decisively;
* Responsible for organising and overseeing all health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements;
* Involvement in strategic development and maintenance of any administrative records
Skills and Experience required:
* CPC trained
* Hold a Operators Licence
* You must be able to efficiently work within a high-volume transport operation
* Strong communication and people management skills being able to cultivate strong business relationships on multiple levels
* Must have a sound understanding of basic accounts and be numeric as this position requires involvement in managing budgets
* Must also be safety conscious with a full knowledge of the transport operations and maintenance and be detail conscious with regards to the vehicles themselves and route planning
* You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7.30am - 3.30pm (you must be flexible with working hours)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.