Are you a Transport Manager with a minimum of 5 years experience? We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a well establish company based in Essex, delivering a wide range of technical expertise and a range of civil engineering and building services.
Our client is a Construction Civil Engineering company seeking a Transport/ Fleet manager £40k pa.
Must have a CPC accreditation
* Manage day to day running of the company fleet of vehicles nationwide
* Manage company vehicle insurance
* Ensure drivers complete daily walk around vehicle checks, plant checks, record any defects on their vehicles and that these are properly actioned for repair
* Ensure all vehicles are routed for PMI, service, MOT etc. as required by maintenance schedules, and keep planner up to date
* To carry out and maintain driving licence checks through the DVLA
* Hiring & off hiring plant and equipment and monitoring usage etc.
* Report any vehicle damages and ensure proper completion of accident reports
* Manage effectively the vehicle fleet management tracker systems
* Ensure that the company meet and maintain FORS requirements
* Ensure the company fully complies with DVSA regulations and the Companies Operators licence is current and up to date
* Manage an efficient and safe loading and transport operation
* Ensure all drivers receive regular training and refreshers across all areas of responsibility
* Managing congestion charges, PCN’s and any other vehicle related fines efficiently
* Recording & maintaining vehicle various spreadsheets and databases
* Ensure that all drivers are compliant with driver time directive and tachographs
* Motivate, develop and train the workforce, whilst meeting customer's requirements
* Ensure compliance to all company transport policies, procedures and legislation
* Ensure H & S procedures are carried out for drivers and loading/unloading
* Recruiting agency drivers as and when required
* Arranging hire of vehicles
* Ensure cost effective route planning is carried out
* Manage fleet leases & fuel card accounts cost effectively
* Manage vehicle branding, driver uniforms & tools
Key Skills and Attributes:
* Must hold a CPC licence.
* Transport legislation, e.g. Driver's Hours
* Previous experience of management in a similar transport depot environment and of managing vehicle operations.
* Experience of vehicle maintenance schedules and telematics
* Good organisational skills and attention to detail
* Professional telephone manner
* Proficient on a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
* Ability to work under pressure
* Self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills
If you feel you fit the requirements for this role and would like to discuss it in more detail please contact Sarah Palmer on (phone number removed).
Pursuit Resources Group are an established recruitment agency based in Braintree, Essex. We recruit across many industry sectors within Essex, Herts, Suffolk, London and beyond. We cover both the permanent and the temporary recruitment market. For more details visit our website – (url removed) or alternatively find us on social media under ‘@pursuitgroup’. To be notified of all the latest positions please follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.