Flexistaff are currently recruiting for a Transport Shift Manager to work for a reputable world class company based in Dunstable.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the Branch CIT Operation (Despatch and Vault Area)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct regular performance audits to ensure adherence by Staff to all relevant Company Systems and Procedures as detailed in the CVIT Rules and Regulations and Company Policy Manuals
* Investigate any alleged breaches of Company Rules and Regulations, and take appropriate action
* Maximise the Route Profitability of all routes operated by the Branch
* Costing reports on all routes, taking account of changes in hours or vehicle type.
* Regular review of the Masterfile to ensure all jobs are correctly billed and routed.
* Update Branch Route Profitability System taking account of price increases and changes to route costing.
* Regular site reviews to ensure consistent service to clients, and monitor changes in the customers’ requirements.
* Monitoring start and finish times of all routes ensuring that they continue to be appropriate.
* Liaise with Sales Executives to establish new business requirements for routes. Advise where customer requirements are producing adverse effects on route profitability.
* Ensure new customers are routed in the most cost effective way, whilst maintaining contractual requirements.
* Ensure that the Company’s transport and vehicle servicing requirements adhere to both Company Policy and legislation, including Tachographs, locks & alarms and vehicle defects
* Provide appropriate training for Staff, taking account of both company / employee needs and changes to operational procedures.
* Conduct regular meetings with Staff to advise and receive feedback on all aspects of Branch and Company Operation.
* Communicate with customers on operational matters and provide active support in solving operational queries.
* Ensure working practices and working environment complies with Health & Safety Regulations. Maintain accurate administrative and audit systems to monitor all Reported Accidents and Near Misses.
* Maintain administration systems and conduct effective “end of shift” handover.
* Responsible for efficient rostering of Staff, ensuring all routes and customers are effectively serviced, recognising the needs for employee leave, absence and public holidays
* Deputise for Branch Manager during holidays and absences from the Branch.
* To partake in any development training as required by the company for the role.
* To carry out any other relevant duties as requested by the Line Manager to ensure the effective performance of the department
* Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement
* To work within established Company Policies and Procedures
This is a Permanent position, 40 hours per week (1 week shift rotation + 1 Saturday in 4)
Only applicants who can provide a 10 year work history with no breaks, need apply.
You must not apply if you have CCJ’s or a criminal record (any settled CCJ’s are unacceptable)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.