Transport Manager required. Our client is a leading provider of warehousing and transport services. Due to the continued success and profitable business wins our client is seeking an experinced Transport Manager to join a dynamic and growing team.
Reporting to the Manging Director you will ensure that all procedures are continually appriasied in order to utilise all vehicles and staff to achieve an efficient and cost effective operation. You will provide a professional service to a healthy base of customers, whilst meeting the budgeted profiabtlity of fleet.
Transport Manager Position Overview
* Ensure company compliance with all transport plicies, legislation and procedures
* Develop the knowledge of the branch managers and dispatchers to ensure that the effecitive management of the operator licence requirements
* Efficiently manage the organisations drivers and dispatchers.
* Identify operational isues, potentail problems and opportunities to improve the service and effiency of transport operations.
* Act as the final customer escalation point for any ussues regarding driver performance, ensuring that customer relationships are maintained.
* Manage the contract hauiler approval process.
* Support the induction and training of new drivers and dispatchers
* Responsible for the transport related health and safety investgations.
* Ensure that all transport fleet vechiles are properly maintained and serviced.
* Oversee all day to day dutites of drivers and drop offs.
Transport Manager Position Requirements
* Highly motivated individual with the desire to make a difference
* Proven background in a senior transport manager posistion.
* Experince of advising and coaching on transport legislation and policies
* Leadership experince with excellent communication and influencing skills
* Ability to analyse data and provide reports
* Excellent organisation skills
* CPC holder
* Experience of multi-site operations would be desirable but not essentail
* Strong IT skills
* Full clean driving license
Transport Manager Position Remuneration
* Salary £35,000 - £40,000 (Dependant on experience)
* 45 hrs per week, Monday – Friday
* 30 days’ holiday, including bank
* Pension scheme
* Other company benefits to be discussed at interview stage
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.