Job Title: Transport Manager
Salary: Up to £60K (dep on exp) + Benefits
Location: North West
Keywords relating to this position include; transport, distribution, retail, KPI’s
A national retail distribution business based in the North West of England, is now seeking an experience Transport Manager to join their 24 hour operation, managing the transport function as part of the Senior Management Team.
Reporting directly to the Opertions Director you will play a key role, working to drive this huge distribution centre forward. You will be responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of a multi-site transport operation, ensuring that synergies, efficiences, savings and improvements are identified and acted upon. Some of your key responsibilities are listed below:
* Manage transport activities, ensuring that customer service levels and financial parameters are met.
* Close management of all costs and KPI’s of the transport operation, identifying variances and taking corrective action
* Focus on Continuous Improvement
* Liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
* Ensure H&S legislation and operational legal guidelines are maintained and improved upon
* Manage over 300 vehicles in a 24 hour, fast moving environment
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in transport management at a high level, in a service driven multi-site operation. Excellent communication with internal and external stakeholders, whilst demonstrating skills in performance management and motivation of staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s fastest growing businesses, making career longevity a given for the right people. Please apply to this advert, adressing your application to Neil Edwards (based at our Birmingham Office).
Ideal living locations include; Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, Crewe, Northwich, Stockport, Warrington, St Helens, Wigan
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.