Retail and Consumer – Grocery Sector
We are looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join our Grocery Sector and support our expansion.
The role will be in Merseyside.
This challenging and exciting role will appeal to an individual with experience, drive, determination and enthusiasm. They will possess a passion for: colleague safety and wellbeing; employee engagement and development; customer relationships and growth; and operational improvement and innovation.
* Reporting to the General manager your responsibilities will include all aspects of safety, service, cost and people management and achievement of the appropriate KPI’s;
* Giving direction and monitor performance that assists the General Manager in ensuring the site runs efficiently and effectively with direct responsibility for the transport activities on site.
* Ensure effective communication throughout the operational leadership team; communicating planned requirements providing information on performance.
* Ensure that a best in class safety performance is delivered through a behavioural based safety culture
* Build and implement an effective employee engagement strategy, resulting in a highly engaged and motivated workforce
* To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs, through effective use of the planning / scheduling information available;
* To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to the customer and stores;
* To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the sites operator’s license;
* Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy were applicable and the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
* Ensuring transport financial performance is within budget;
* Assist in the recruitment and training of the Transport Team;
* Develop an engaged, high-performance team culture – where growth mindset is prevalent
* Develop a talented team and create robust succession plans for current and future key roles
* Build customer confidence through demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the operation;
* To participate in commercial reviews with the site’s Senior Management Team, Company Finance teams and Client review processes where required
Experience and Qualifications
* Demonstrable experience at senior management level within large/complex supply chain operations with full knowledge of transport legislation;
* Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages an advantage;
* Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to operate at multiple levels and establish effective communication channels in both customer organisations and Wincanton
* Robust influencing and negotiation skills – proven to deliver successful change in complex customer and unionised operational environments
* Experienced in developing and deepening customer relationships, resulting in improved commercial performance and growth delivery
* You will be inquisitive, innovative and deliver an exceptional service to the customer. Excellent commercial acumen – understand the dynamics of both ‘open/ closed book’ contracts & develops a profit centre approach & culture amongst the Account team that is focused on bottom line performance.
* Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
* Succeeds in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management team’s thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
* The depot operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
* A CPC (National & International) is a prerequisite for the position.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland.
As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.