Transport Manager £35k + Car East Yorkshire Full Time, Permanent position
Your new role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Manager in East Yorkshire. You will be responsible to achieve world class standards through positive and proactive engagement with the driver workforce, creating an open environment.
You will also manage the safe and cost effective utilisation of all drivers and equipment within their locations, ensuring that the customer service requirements are fully met and in line with the business objectives. You will be responsible for maximising the efficiency and profitability of a fleet of vehicles together with managing contractors to ensure cost effective on time delivery.
Duties will include:-
* Controlling revenue and costs associated with operating own vehicles to maximise profitability.
* Managing drivers (both direct employees and contractors) and ensuring compliance with driver work time regulations, including tachograph analysis and driver infringement reporting.
* Ensuring compliance with vehicle inspection intervals and that vehicles are maintained in a road worthy condition.
* Liaising with customers on a daily basis to establish their requirements.
* Sourcing external haulage.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience within a similar role (essential)
* Critical people management and team / department management skills.
* Leadership skills and previous proven / relevant experiences.
* Hands on manager
* Experience of managing 20+ drivers
* Hold a CPC National or International
* A flexible approach to work is essential to meet the demands of a 24/7 operation.
* You will also need to display strong organisational and communication skills, be highly numerate, computer literate and comfortable working in a hands-on, practical environment.
What you'll get in return
£35,000 per annum
Fully expensed company car
Full company benefits package
Full Time, Permanent position
Excellent opportunities of career development
Free, onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.