Transport Manager up to £40k - Excellent Benefits
Your new company
A well known, well established independent transport / distributor in the UK. Distribute and retail products to homes and businesses from local branches located throughout Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Midlands and North East.
Your new role
* Managing a busy transport office and associated drivers which operates from early morning until the last driver is back
* Organising the workforce to ensure that business and customer demands are met in the most efficient and safe manner possible; especially so with seasonal peaks in demand (winter / harvest) in terms of scheduling of staff and fulfilment of orders.
* Full responsibility for dispatching, routing and tracking of all delivery vehicles.
* Stock management relating to product, and liaison with buyers and sales team.
* Development of new ways of working to take full advantage of changes and development of technology.
* Evaluate the performance of both employees and agency staff and provide constructive and clear feedback to aid in personal and professional development.
* Responsible for the headcount management and recruitment according to business demands of both permanent and / or agency staff.
* Communicating at all times: holding regular team meeting with direct reports, ad-hoc catch ups and strong communication ties with key stakeholders throughout the business.
* Working closely with the HR team to address issues appropriately connected with disciplinaries, grievances and absence.
* Quick and efficient reporting and recording of any safety incidents.
* Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in the future.
* Working closely with the Fleet manager in relation to maintenance and associated administration of vehicles.
* Heavily involved in driver compliance, infringements and legalities.
What you'll need to succeed
* A CPC national qualification
* Strong technical skills associated with infringements, compliance and legality
* A good understanding of computer and transport management systems
What you'll get in return
A salary of up to £40k
5% pension contribution
Fully Expensed Company car
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.