£30,000 - £35,000
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
* To ensure optimal routing and execution within the transport department.
* Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies and legislation.
* Review and recommend any course of action required as a result of any changes in legislation.
* Organising driver vehicle checks.
* Management of costs related to transport operations.
* You will need to be a strong people manager who can ensure effective teamwork within the transport department. It is also important that you have a customer centric approach with the ability to balance service vs. cost.
* To ensure supervision, development and training of all staff within the department utilising a formalised regular review process.
* Develop collaborative relationships with colleagues in other areas of the business.
* To build upon relationships with customers.
* Problem resolution.
* In addition to the day to day management of the transport department, you will proactively support senior Directors with future strategy and development opportunities.
* CPC holder
* ADR Certificate (desirable)
* Previous experience within a management position within a fast paced transport operation
* Petrochemical & ADR experience (desirable)
* Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation.
* Possessing a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls.
* Ability to analyse data.
* Good communication and analytical skills.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (word,excel,powerpoint)
* Decision making and problem solving abilities.
* Some previous experience in dealing with a vehicle maintenance unit in achieving high standards of service levels.
* Previous experience of dealing with customer requirements.
* Project involvement and introducing change.
* Shift working experience.
* Good understanding of stock receiving/control in general haulage.
* Knowledge of quality improvement process.
* Time management abilities (both self and others)
* Management of third party freight providers.
* Experience in staff training/development.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.