Red Rock Partnership Ltd are delighted to be working in partnership with our prestigious Client based in Colnbrook, Slough. They are currently looking for a Transport Manager to join their busy team.
Our client is the global market leader in the international express courier business with more than 100,000 employees operating in more than 220 countries.
About the job:
As a Transport Manager you will be required to manage, develop and improve UK linehal and transport operations for both UK Aviation and our client. More duties detailed below:
* To manage all day to day transport operations of Southern Distribution Centre
* The lead and provide strategic expertise to the Transport Operations
* Budget holder for the P+L of Southern Distribution Centre linehal operations
* Provide distribution services to all products in the UK
* Provide linehaul transport services to the UK hub and gateway network
* Define, implement and initiate follow up action on quality, service and cost KPI’s
* Managing sub-contracted linehal series and agency service level agreements
* Build, lead and guide a team to meet targets and set team standards
* Ensure manpower and resources are optimised
* To keep your team motivated and ensure they are provided with clear direction
* Ensure a safe working environment for staff
* Set targets and KPI;s for direct report and supporting staff development
* Driving change and cost reductions while maintain the highest levels of productivity
* To hold the site operating for heavy goods vehicles and be the direct contact with relevant authorities
* Maintain inventory of operational facilities, equipment and working closing with field operations
* Must be able to lead, manage, motivate and communicate effectively wit all levels of staff and professional with all external contacts
* Maintain a strong customer facing position
Working hours: Sunday - Thursday 14.00PM - 23.00PM
* Excellent operational process knowledge
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and verbal communicational skills
* Strong knowledge of transport related legalisation
* Good at establishing working relationships and developing contacts
* Strong personal influencing and consultative skills
* Project management
* Commercial awareness
* Strong negotiation skills
* Experience as a Transport Manager or similar role
* Proven experience in Operations/Logistics
* Experience of successfully managing a budget in excess of £15m
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the above we would be delighted to receive your application.
Red Rock Partnership Ltd are working as a recruiting partner to handle all recruitment activity.
Due to the volume of applications unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.