Job title: Transport Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Salary: £35,000 Per annum
Benefits: 25 Days annual leave + 8 BH, Bonus Scheme, Attendance Bonus, Mileage Allowance, Free Parking, Contributory pension scheme.
A fantastic opportunity has a risen for a hands on Transport Manager to join an established employer who have shown a continual sign of growth. Our client has a longstanding workforce who have worked with them for many years and we are looking for someone who has a desire to work for a stable and great employer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing processes and systems to ensure transport operations throughout the depot run at maximum efficiency whilst maintaining compliance with all Road Traffic and Transport Laws. The company have recently introduced a new fleet of 10 vehicles that are all fitted with cameras and telematics systems.
Duties will include:
* Scheduling vehicle servicing and maintenance
* Driver training
* Investigating accidents and liaising with insurance companies
* Managing drivers hours and shifts
* Ensuring fleet and Drivers comply with all DVSA and Health and Safety standards
* Reporting and recording vehicle defects
* Ensure drivers are complying with tachograph rules and speed limits
* Periodic auditing of all operating centres and drivers licenses to ensure compliance
This list is by no means exhaustive and you will need to be highly flexible, willing to assist with other operational areas and provide support where needed.
To be considered for this role you will have previously worked within an operations/transport management role. You will have excellent knowledge of relevant legislation and compliance, be CPC qualified and be able to manage and monitor adherence to all laws.
You will be a team player who is organised and adaptable. Good IT literacy is essential, along with a full UK driving licence.
** Closing date for this position is 22nd June 2018**
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.