OnPoint are currently seeking a transport manager to join an award winning medium sized transport company based in the Hatfield area.
This candidate will have an appreciation for road transport operations and would also need a International CPC.
Responsibilities of the Transport Manager will include:
* Manage the day to day activity within the Transport office including liaising with drivers, be responsible for personnel, monitoring their progress and being their first point of contact should a problem arise making communication skills vital.
* Manage fleet and driver compliance including driver infringements and OCRS scores
* Arrange fleet inspections, services and MOT's with external sources
* Over see traffic plan ensuring efficient use of company vehicles maximising profits by back loading vehicles and consolidating pallet distribution and subcontracting loads
* Manage the change process to include clarifying best practice and demonstrating the behaviours that will signify the new way of working.
* Responsible for organising and overseeing all health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements.
* Provide leadership, give work instructions and monitor the performance of traffic staff, drivers and operatives, i.e. Review of Depot KPI's- Service, Safety and Profitability.
* Manage, motivate, train and develop team as required.
* Deal effectively with under performance, implementing disciplinary procedures as appropriate.
* Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs, increasing margin and meeting budget targets set.
The successful Transport Manager will be a strong leader who will be able to inspire a team with excellent communication skills. You will be used to working in a fast pace environment and be able to demonstrate a track record of delivering excellence and facilitating change within B2B environment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.