Salary up to £40k- dependent on experience
DRM Resourcing are working on behalf of a worldwide logistics company who are looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join them in Chelmsford.
As Transport Manager your main purpose is...
To plan, direct and control the activities of the transport fleet including sub-contractors to optimise cost-effectiveness and use of resources. The Transport Planner must provide a high quality service to both internal and external customers.
Main duties of the Transport Manager...
* Consistently produce optimum vehicle, work and route allocation in terms of timings and cost. Ensure the fair and legally compliant distribution of driver work and complete the drivers debrief process correctly
* Develop a network of national transport services to ensure services are delivered cost effectively
* Liaise with account executives, customers and associate companies as required, to ensure that deliveries and collections are organised and conducted in line with customer requirement
* Actively seek to understand customer operational requirements and identify any service or delivery concerns or failures
* Ensure delivery issues are fully communicated to operational teams and resolved timely
* Ensure that we are fully compliant with both driver and vehicle statutory and legislative requirements
* Manage a portfolio of ‘approved’ suppliers that allows the company to focus or concentrate our spend that equally delivers the optimum in terms of customer service and profitability
* Maintain a road worthy fleet including organising ad-hoc or regular servicing of vehicles
* Assist in the development of the Company’s transport strategy to maximise profitability and return on investment
* Work with all other transport teams throughout the Company to support their work requirements as needed and maximise internal revenue wherever possible
* Constantly review tariffs to ensure that we are both competitive and sensitive to market conditions
* Produce KPI and financial reports where required
* Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager to join a large company!!! Give us a call today and we can discuss this further!! Can't wait to hear from you all
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.