KCS (Part of Commercial Services Group) has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager to join one of the UK’s leading Educational Supplies business. Based in our bright and open place office space in New Hythe, Larkfield, this is a fast paced business management team role within KCS. You will work as part of our excellent Customer Experience Team and you will be responsible for the highest level of service delivery to our valued customers.
You will manage and control the transport function for KCS in terms of compliance, distribution and the team within prescribed KPI’s, budgets and statutory requirements. With this role you need to either have or be working towards O licence.
A few of the Key Duties
* Address any staff related issues around performance and/or attendance and deal with these in accordance with company policies
* Manage the distribution of goods for the educational supplies division, ensuring work is completed to the quality levels expected and within prescribed KPI’s and budget levels.
* Utilise vehicle tracking and vehicle performance data to ensure cost effectiveness and driver efficiency is maintained at all times.
* Be the nominated “O” License holder for the division.
* Manage the distribution of goods outside of the own fleet geographical range and outside of the UK (e.g. Channel Islands), ensuring all documentation is in place and regularly reviewing the efficiency and cost effectiveness of any 3PL provider.
* To ensure that relevant changes are notified in accordance with operator licence requirements;
* Manage the recruitment process for all vacancies within Transport Team.
Health, Safety & Wellbeing Responsibilities
* Responsible and accountable for the team’s health and safety performance.
* Ensure that safe systems of work procedures are in place for all jobs within transport function.
* Report to the Department Manager any weaknesses in the safe system of work procedures or any actions taken to revise such procedures.
* Report any apparent employee health problems to the Departmental Manager and HR.
Internal & External Relationships
* Internal: Interactions with all Customer Experience teams will be necessary this team includes Goods inwards, replenishment, pick, pack, loading, delivery drivers and customer service office staff. All KCS departments, HR and CSIT teams, and at times interactions with the wider Commercial Services divisions.
* External: Within the role it will involve many external interactions. From KCS customers, pallet storage customers, suppliers of plant and equipment providers, waste contractors, delivery drivers from around the UK and Europe. Logistics firms such as KCS’s 3PL provider.
* Our package includes Monday-Friday working pattern.
* 25 days annual leave plus concessionary day (increasing to 27 days after 4 years service)
* Free on site parking
* Staff benefits including, 4% employer company pension contribution, discounted gym membership, high street discount in shops, restaurants & cinemas.
* Health Care Cash Plan
* Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
* Summer & Christmas parties
We look forward to receiving your application
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.