As part of the management team, this role will manage the transport operation service to ensure a smooth, economical and efficient transport and delivery service to my clients customers.
* Take the lead role in planning, costing and allocating routes and vehicles ensuring sufficient economical and flexibility is in place to meet the varying and changing needs of customers.
* Ensure that all in house vehicles are compliant with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements, and where necessary escalating any identified issues and recommending resolution to the director of the company.
* Develop and implement a proactive, planned and structured approach to the maintenance of fleet vehicles, keeping within the designated budget and ensuring all vehicles used are fit for purpose and the customer experience is of a high standard.
* Ensuring transport staff deliver the service appropriate to the changing needs of customers in line with relevant guidance provided by the transport manager.
* Manage and develop a team of drivers, who may be working remotely and alone, to deliver a high-quality service to customers.
* To take the lead in resolving unforeseen problems as they arise ensuring appropriate resolution of these and to utilise the learning to plan for future similar scenarios.
* To work as a member of the management team, undertaking delegated tasks and responsibilities in line with the emerging needs and operational requirements of the service.
* To ensure high standards of service delivery through the consistent application of recognised standards and established policies, procedures and practices.
* To work safely and effectively at all times.
* Ensuring all the transport drivers are aware of all H&S procedures and these are being carried out and implemented daily into the transport operation. This includes keeping a clear and concise H&S database of all required information legally required.
* Working with the sales team, to promote communication around customer deliveries and feedback to ensure a better service for customers.
* Working with the Yard Manager to ensure all lorries are efficiently loaded correctly, and any issues are feedback and corrected as appropriate
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.