Are you an experienced Transport Manager seeking a change and able to
hit the ground running? A successful, growing wardrobe manufacturer in
Dunstable is now seeking a Transport Manager, who has the ability to
lead a dynamic team in a challenging environment in order that we can
fulfil our customers’ expectations. You will be expected to work to
high standards and have responsibility for results whilst managing the
overall transportation of drivers, deliveries, loads and fleet vehicle
management, maintenance and logistics.
* To plan all logistics for all vehicles and drivers of customer
* Ensure all rules and regulations are adhered for company vehicles.
* Ensure vehicle checklists are completed and any discrepancies or
accidents are actioned and followed through.
* Manage all associated costs in respect of the fleet of vehicles to
* Insurance and petrol cards.
* Working to compliance of FORS standards and procedures & preparing
systems for annual review.
* Manage and review all petrol cards and look to reduce costs where
* Review current fleet documentation and update where necessary for
all drivers and vehicles.
* Work closely with the Installations Manager.
* Ensure all the fleet management policies and procedures are
maintained and up to date.
* Ensure vehicle maintenance is planned and prevented.
* Ensure vehicle checks, MOT’s and tax payments are carried out.
* Organising of spare vans when required.
* Review the current carriers and seek to reduce all carriage costs.
* Carry out licence checks and eye checks for all drivers.
* Monitor the vehicle tracking system and utilise the tracking
system to its full potential.
* Manage the delivery network of dealers.
* To be able to build and maintain successful working relationships
with customers and colleagues.
* Organising staff training where required.
* Managing budgets.
* Knowledge of transport legislation.
* HND in Transport and Logistics
* Previous experience in a similar role
For further information regarding this role, please contact (Apply online only)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.