Oliver Kay forms part of the Bidfresh Group, a principal British supplier of fresh produce to the catering industry; a national supplier with strong local heritage. The spectrum of our client base reaches from small independents to large national accounts.
If you excel at understanding the exacting needs of customers, regularly exceed their expectations and enjoy working in a fast paced, targeted environment, then this is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic team within a leading food services business based in Bolton.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, reliable and hardworking person to join our Transport and Distribution team in Bolton as a Transport Manager. Previous experience in a similar role is essential and the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate positive leadership and people management skills.
Duties to include:
* Leadership of distribution team focussing on maximising standards and performance
* Monitoring operational practices to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are critical priority
* Performance manage a team of drivers to ensure a world class, efficient service is delivered at all times
* Schedule and complete maintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with practices, policies, leasing arrangements and regulations and maintain accurate records in line with company policy and legislation.
* Provide information and insight to create weekly route plans and driver rota
* Monitor and adapt routes/resources to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
* Control Tachograph reports and records of actions required
* Maintain Vehicle & Driver compliance in accordance with regulation
* Calculate and record core and agency driver hours on a weekly basis, full control and management of Working Time Directive,
* Maintain tachograph analysis records and file them in line with the legislation.
* Update drivers hours, holiday, and sickness onto the appropriate records, investigate and resolve any issues
* Investigate and resolve any Customer Service issues that may arise
* Work according to the Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) at all times.
* Supporting the Business Director and other teams in day to day activities as required
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* National Transport Manager CPC is required
* Previous managerial experience is essential, with a proven track record in dealing with disciplinary and performance issues.
* Proven track record in organising Vehicle and Driver Compliance within a Transport environment
* Previous warehouse/distribution experience is essential along with experience of coordinating an inbound/outbound department.
* An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite along with good understanding of various WMS systems (Oracle would be an advantage)
* Experience with planning and distribution software
* Experience with dealing with clients and colleagues in a clear and calm manner. You will have the ability to pay attention to detail and maintain a right first time culture
* Previous experience working with Health and Safety, including the completion of Risk Assessments
* The ability to build effective working relationships with different groups as well as a willingness to contribute extra effort and energy to co-operate with others in depot.
* Previous experience of PODFather delivery system is advantageous but not essential as full training will be given
* Excellent time management, punctual and reliable
* Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
* Able to deliver results against KPIs
* Demonstrates drive and positive approach to work
* Flexible approach
* Able to work well independently, must be enthusiastic and self-motivated
We will screen all applications and select candidates whose qualifications/experience most closely match our needs. We will give very careful consideration to your submission and will contact you within 1 to 3 weeks if you have been selected to continue in our recruitment process
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.