We are recruiting a highly motivated individual with drive and enthusiasm to run all aspects of our transport infrastructure across 3 depots; Maldon, Yorkshire & Oxford.
This is a fast-paced environment where you will need experience of a next day delivery business model and proven ability to make decisions quickly and understand cost implcaitions.
Managing a staff of 25, including drivers, operating a mid-sized fleet of vehicles made up of 3.5tonne vans and 7.5tonne MGV’s you will report directly to the Operations Director and work closely alongside the warehouse managers.
* Planning, developing and optimising of routes, adapting to customer requirements where required.
* Prioritise and co-ordinate workloads.
* Working with external carriers where applicable.
* Troubleshooting operation issues.
* Ensuring levels of support service are in place.
* Payroll processing for drivers, namely managing overtime and signing off timesheets.
* Management of the Company Car Scheme, 20+ vehicles.
* Manage, audit and review compliance systems to ensure that they are effective.
* Review any shortcomings such as prohibitions and/or annual test failures.
* Ensure that drivers are properly trained and competent to operate all relevant vehicles and equipment.
* Keep up to date on relevant changes in standards and legislation.
* Ensure that drivers hold the appropriate entitlement for the vehicle they are driving.
* Ensure drivers comply with the drivers’ hours and working time regulations.
* Ensure that a system of vehicle maintenance is in place and carried out and that all vehicles are kept in a roadworthy condition.
* Record, investigate and act against all Transport related infringements.
You must have:
* Proven experience in a next day delivery business model
* Ability to develop current business model and improve administration running alongside it
* Customer focused
* Ability to manage budget and understand costs when making decisions
* Experience of running and managing an operator’s licence with a National CPC
* A good understanding of transport regulation currently in place
* Good computer literacy
* Excellent communication skills
* Stability in previous roles
Salary - £30,000 to £45,000 per annum depending on experience
Training and CPD budget
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.