This position will take full responsibility and accountability for all transport activities within this distribution centre environment. This will include the use of own fleet, and external couriers, through to articulated vehicles. To maximise use of company fleet through effective planning and monitoring drivers’ performance in conjunction with all driver legislation.
This role has a heavy customer service requirement. You will need to work with the sales team in finding delivery solutions for each of our customers.
* CPC Holder
* To co-ordinate the training of all drivers to ensure they have an active driver CPC
* To increase the use of our own fleet by maximising the cubic capacity of each vehicle and completing as many journeys as the working day will allow.
* To ensure compliance within the Working Time Directive and tachograph legislation
* To correlate hours required to volume of work to be completed. This to include the maximising of the driver day and minimising alternative, non-productive activity. To minimise the spend on overtime and agency usage.
* To use load planning techniques and reviewing load planning tools in the market place to ensure effective planning is taking place.
* To improve vehicle and driver efficiency through monitoring tools such as ‘GreenRoad’. Measure current costs and savings made through the use of these measures and that the measures can be used to sell the benefit of the company.
* To control all temporary vehicles and select suitable vehicle for purpose.
* To build relationships with hauliers both locally and in key strategic geographic locations to achieve cost effective solutions for deliveries beyond our own fleet capabilities.
* To be aware of the cost of Direct Deliveries as this will feature in cost lines controlled by the Transport Manager.
* Be responsible and accountable for all cost lines associated with transport operations.
* To generate and publish KPI’s relating to vehicle fill, vehicle costs, costs in relation to revenue achieved. To orally communicate to all relevant parties regarding performance.
* To control vehicle maintenance and servicing and monitor damage spend per vehicle and driver. To lead all vehicle damage investigations.
* To appraise all staff, linking performance and behavioural competence to any remuneration gain, ensuring everyone understands the link of Company Success = Personal Success. To include succession planning and development to all appraisals.
* To ensure all transport staff have a good level of Health and Safety awareness, adopting proactive measures such as Safety Awareness Recording. To achieve a qualification under IOSH.
Hours: Monday to Friday days
Salary: £28k-35k dependant on experience.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.