On A Roll Sandwich Company are recruiting a Transport Manager to work in Middlesbrough.
This is a very exciting career driven opportunity for an individual that can demonstrate expertise in their field. The successful candidate will be empowered to make decisions that that are key in delivering customer satisfaction. As Transport Manager you will have full accountability for service and delivery to all of our customers.
On a daily basis the successful Transport Manager will report into the Operations Director. The operation will be responsible for the supply of goods to customers all over the UK. A key understanding of VOSA regulations and compliance will be key in ensuring deliveries are made in a timely manner. Overall, the Transport Manager will be responsible for the following:
* Managing a team of drivers and office-based staff on a daily basis.
* Ensuring overall fleet compliance in-line with VOSA regulations.
* Responsibility for driver’s hours, rotas, holidays, and business rewards scheme.
* Ensuring KPI's are set and achieved in line with business goals.
* Overall responsibility for on-time delivery scheduling
* Oversight of a transport planning function responsible for UK wide deliveries.
* Responsibility for transportation cost control, especially within a cost-driven sub-contractor network.
In order gain a positive response in this Transport Manager application you will desirably hold the following skills and experiences:
* 3 plus years’ experience in transport operations management of teams exceeding 10 plus direct reports
* Essential prior transport planning experience.
* Previous experience in a similar role within FMCG Food Manufacturing
* Degree level education (BSc, BA, BEng, etc) would be beneficial.
* CPC (International & National) would improve your application.
* The overall role would suit established Team Leader's, Supervisor, First Line Managers, Shift Managers, Transport Managers currently within the logistics sector.
Various shift patterns over a 7day operation & salary is dependent upon experience
If you believe you can fit the above criteria and have an excellent work ethic then we are very interested in hearing from you.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.