The role is to ensure that the right quality, right quantity and right price of stores, plant, equipment and vehicles are available to support the operation and the success of the company. This must be achieved within strict guidelines and with pre-defined budgets.
The role is to ensure that the Service Supply chain for all activities is managed according to contract and performance standards.
Key Responsibilities (Not limited to):
* Support the team in all other business development and market development areas in line with strategy
* Identify and negotiate new contracts with external suppliers and manage performance of all Service supply.
* Review external marketplace on a regular basis to ensure best price is received for goods and services.
Transport and Logisitcs
* To manage the logistics function so that information and service/operational requirements are met in a prompt and efficient manner, utilizing the optimum level of resources.
* To manage the provision, maintenance and operation of vehicles for the company’s fleet.
* Ensure that the right quality and quantity of stores, plant, equipment and vehicles are available to support the operation. This must be achieved within strict guidelines and with pre-defined budgets.
* Manage and work within Transport and Logistics Budget, in accordance with Finance requirements.
Day to Day Specifics
* Ensure that all vehicles in the field are operating legally.
* Ensure that all HGV vehicles comply with our Operators License.
* Ensure that service schedules are created and maintained for all key items of fleet and equipment.
* Ensure that all vehicles are issued with a standard kit and stock quota.
* Maintain stores records and reorder stock as required against demand, or statistical analysis
* Report any vehicle or plant damage through to the Financial Controller immediately,
* Ensure that a calibration program exists and that all items that are out of calibration are removed from the field and replaced.
Human Resources / People Management
* Assess, develop and maintain high standards of performance and productivity through leadership, effective communication, coaching training and staff development.
* Regularly hold one to one meetings with Direct Reports to set, monitor and review individual objectives / targets via performance management system.
* Identify and implement learning and development requirements.
* Actively promote Equality in the workplace.
Health, Safety and Quality
* For your area of responsibility ensure compliance with Quality ISO 9001, Health and Safety, Environmental and Security Systems with evidence of a clear focus on prevention and continuous improvement.
* Ensure compliance regarding the company’s Operating License.
* Ensure all plant and equipment is monitored, checked and fit for use.
* To comply with and actively promote all company policies.
* Attend Meetings as directed.
* External suppliers – plant, vehicle, materials and consumable suppliers
* Operations at all levels
* Finance, Health Quality and Safety and HR functions
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.