Are you an experienced Transport Manager / Transport Supervisor who is
CPC qualified with an HGV licence and is looking for an exciting, new
opportunity? Avara Foods are currently recruiting for a Transport
Manager to join the Site and Logistics Team based at one of our fast
paced, dynamic Hereford Factories.
We are a leading supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an
impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service
sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole
product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and
factories with associated transport and logistics functions that
employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality,
affordable product and delivering great service levels to our
customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the
latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high
quality and food standards.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for the management of the
Primary Transport vehicle fleet, supplying live birds into the
processing plants in Hereford and Newent. The Transport Manager will
also be responsible for the integrity of the Transport Operators
Licence and the Company Vehicle Maintenance contracts.
* Challenge, verify and agree the requirements of the internal and
external customers involved.
* Liaise with the planning department to ensure that the operation
is carefully scheduled, to minimise stoppages in the processing
plants due to the lack of live birds.
* Manage the handling and transportation of live birds in accordance
with legal and company regulations, ensuring that all live birds
are transported humanely.
* Manage the biosecurity of all vehicles, equipment and personnel in
* Minimise the cost of the operation whilst maintaining the required
* Ensure that Avara Foods remains legal and is compliant within
* Ensure that the undertakings stated in the Operator Licence are
* Ideally CPC qualified.
* NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) in Management is desirable.
* Previous experience of managing in a Transport Environment.
* Proven experience of leading a team.
* Proven experience of a process environment (preferably within the
food processing industry) with process experience at management
* Ability to interpret and analyse data to give meaningful reports
* Excellent communication skills as you will interact with both
internal and external customers on a daily basis.
The company is committed to being an equal opportunities employer
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.